Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An unexpected something

Well, this really is closure. Today I sold the Escape that made my trip to Texas so darned memorable. Full disclosure - I did in fact tell the buyer everything that happened and the resultant maintenance that was required. I did give them the warranty paperwork and applicable receipts for said maintenance. And I hope - I really and truly do - that this car provides them 60,000 carefree and maintenance free miles. Or at the very least gets them to Washington state where they are going next.

The 'something' however, isn't the sale of the car but is related. While taking the silver beast for a drive, I spoke to the wife of the pair and we were talking about moving all the time and assorted stuff that military people talk about. During this I had mentioned that I was here by myself and didn't have so much as a TV. She was aghast. I joked that they were welcome to buy me a TV to go along with the sale price.

Today, after the exchange, they put a 32" LCD high def TV in my car. I'm thrilled because now I can not only watch football, but also because I can sit on my sofa further than 6 inches from my computer screen.

So, here we are, about 6 weeks after arriving, and the major issues are finally taken care of and the Escape is no more one of them. I'm pretty well happy right now ... I just need to find a place to put this TV.

2 comments: