Wednesday, October 20, 2010

for the sake of writing something

I figure I should write something here at least once a week but it's been a fairly uneventful week except that I've purchased airplane tickets to go home and see the family in December - but that's still two months away. Well, that and I took my first mid-term exam last weekend - that was not fun. Actually, neither of them were fun.

Because of the Thanksgiving break falling where it does, there are only 3 or 4 more class sessions left before the final - which as much as the mid-term wasn't fun, the final will be much worse. First of all, it's an oral final which I've never had to take or prepare for before. Second is that in addition to knowing the 'stuff', I also have to know who said what 'stuff' and that's where I fall to bits. You see, I've made my educational living off short-term memory. Dump as much as I can in the ole memory banks a day and hours before the test, regurgitate as much as possible onto the paper and presto. But I think this class is different in that they actually want you to retain alot.

What I need is something like this ...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAJapLN4XU
Father Guido Sarducci's 5-Minute University. You wouldn't even have to take out a loan - you could spend one weekend collecting soda bottles on the side of the road and get your degree Monday morning. It's an idea whose time has come in this recession.

So, I've actually got some homework to do, and as fun as this blog is, it isn't being graded (which is just as well, really) So, I hope to see you back next week - or maybe before. And, before I forget, welcome to follower No. 7 - O'Hare who was a student of mine at NU and who is involved in law enforcement operations up that way -- so slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment